Sunday, July 25, 2010

Real Salt Lake Soccer Game

Soon after school was out John surprised me with Real Soccer Tickets with a bonus concert with David Cook. I was so excited. He wanted to celebrate summer and me having a good school year. He's so sweet.
This was our first Professional Soccer Game. It was an amazing experience. They won 1-0, and let me tell you, that one goal was so exciting.

They had to stop the game because of lightning and rain, but luckily it was short.

It's a beautiful stadium too.

Posted by Picasa
I was surprised at how excited I was to see David Cook. He also sang the National Anthem and I was really touched. It was just so perfect. They had some members of the Armed Forces there with their families and they unfurled a giant flag on a part of the field, and the other flag on the pole was unfirling in the wind and being the Patriotic person I am, I just was really touched. Then of course the rocket fire works a the end of the anthem just was thrilling.

So here is David Cook, it rained on him too but he just kept going. It was so fun. It was also fun to watch all the families on the field play and dance.



4 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

Wow, that looks like a fune evening. I haven't been to a REAL game yet, the stadium looks cool.

Sheri Dickson Woodson said...

What fun! David Cook would be fun to see perform I think.

Laurence and Sidney said...

What a fun treat!!

Lyndzi said...

Glad it looks like some other people showed up...your first pic looks a little bare. :)
What a fun night! I like soccer cause the clock hardly ever stops so you know your in for the 80 minutes and that's it. Football on the other hand...
I love looking at your blog. Keep the updates coming!

The Newlyweds

The Newlyweds