Friday, December 9, 2011

HE'S HOME!! HE'S HOME!!!


Our Baby boy came home November 30th!  He barely hit 4 lbs the 29th and all of a sudden, we had to find a car seat pronto!  He came home with a monitor so he still has a wire hooked to him but we are grateful to have it.  He has sleep apnea so it has this loud beep if he stops breathing.  It's scary but reassuring at the same time.  He is now 4 lbs 7 oz and growing all the time.  Nursing is a trial, especially since he has been bottle fed before but he is doing so good, it's me that struggles getting it down.  Charlie has been so good with him.  She literally looses her mind when my family comes over, but other than that she is very mellow and sweet with Jack.  When he cries she is so concerned.  I had Jack in his swing one time and decided to try the music with it.  Next thing I know Charlie is barking at the swing and didn't stop until I turned the music off.  I really think she was protecting him and worried.  So sweet.  He is the loudest baby, grunting and moaning all the time.  I love the sounds he makes, except when trying to sleep but I'm starting to get used to them.  John is so great and helpful and I love my parents for coming over often and helping me so I can nap.  We have breast milk stored so John can feed him a bottle every now and then so I can have a break.  I just can't believe I'm a mom!  It's always been such a sacred title and now I have it!  It's very scary.  Do you ever get used to the immense responsibility?  Anyway, there's a little baby grunting for food so I must go!  Motherly responsibilities await!

5 comments:

Stephanie Dickson said...

We are so thrilled for you! What a wonderful early Christmas gift. You've all been through quite an ordeal. Your family has been in our prayers. We know the pain and worry of leaving a baby behind in the NICU. Keep trying with the nursing. Our premie was my number four baby but it took several trips to the lactation consultant to get everything worked out.

Sidney said...

WooHoo!! So happy that he is home with you!!

Bump and Erin said...

Oh that brings back so many memories! I am so happy for you guys!! He is a doll!

Jessica said...

Way to go! You are amazing! Text me if you need any reassurance on the nursing thing (its not as easy as everyone would like you to believe!)He's beautiful! I'm so happy for you!
Jessica A

janice said...

I am so happy you got to bring him home!!

The Newlyweds

The Newlyweds