Monday, July 13, 2009

Dickson Sister's Weekend (April 09)

Back in April, we had our annual Sister's Weekend in San Diego. Thanks to Susanne's family, we stayed in great condos right on the beach. The last night Andy I think it was, found this book titled "11,004 Things to Be Happy About." It was really sarcastic and funny. So I decided to start my own list about our weeknd. This is an email I sent soon after we got home. Pictures to come soon!

The beginning of my 11,004 things to be happy about:

1. Having such easy going, happy and loving in-laws
2. Getting invited to sister's weekend again! (I guess I didn't mess up too much the 1st time :)
3. Looping around the airport just laughing about the littlest things thinking about Camille's calves getting buffer by the second (she had to squat in the back because there wasn't enough seat)
4. Getting to introduce you all to my sister
5. The feeling of missing you all and thinking about what fun they couldn't possibly be having without me when I went with my sister, and getting to see all my sisters (except one, Sarah) all in one trip.
6. The most amazing and overpowering feelings I had in the temple seeing so many beautiful sisters there in white waiting for Mama Dickson to come and then going up the most beautiful staircase I've ever seen, ascending even higher to heaven, though it seemed it couldn't feel any closer than it already was.
7. Laughing at myself doing part of the endowment all wrong (I got a little tangled.)
8. Eating at BJ's and taking pictures with our phones so that it shows when you all call me
9. Shopping and actually finding things for me!
10. The Happy Baby party for Emily and giving her something I had really put thought and care into. Hope that afghan stays together! I am no pro.
11. Laughing so hard at all of my sisters and their silliness
12. Sitting by the pool with all that beautiful scenery around, crocheting a hat for Natalie, and soaking the sun. (It's my new happy place when 3/4's of my students don't do an assignment.)
13. Getting the silliest sun burn of my life, my lower forearms.
14. Getting pedi's and just being a girl
15. Having my first taste of the famous Wendy cupcakes. Wow. Great, now I'm craving one.
16. Eating such good food all day, and the egg on toast would be my favorite because it was made with love by Susanne.
17. Seeing all the ways you 8 women helped make my husband the amazing man he is. It was hard looking at some of you because he looks like you all in different ways, and we all know I missed him
18. Surprising Mom with a "Gonna Go to Ghana" party. I laughed so hard! Susanne and Gina are just too much.
19. Holding a baby!!!!!!!! Seeing her beautiful eyes smile at me. Melts my heart even thinking about it.
20. To be continued I'm sure.


I love you all so much


2 comments:

janice said...

sounds like you all had fun!

We're All Wright said...

You guys are all so cool!!!

The Newlyweds

The Newlyweds