Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Our Week

We went to the amazingly beautiful Mirror Lake, up by Kamas, UT. We wanted to go somewhere for Labor Day but just didn't know what we could do with a very small "fun" budget. We couldn't have been more at peace and happy had we been on a cruise to the Bahamas or something. It was so pretty!!! We just packed a lunch and read our books and just laid on our blanket listening to nature. We walked around the lake and talked and talked. It is my new "happy place" at the end of a long day (or in the middle of it, whatever the need is). I was just so happy.
Also, I've been back to school for about 2 weeks now. I have a great group of kids. I have already discovered the "special ones" and I haven't let them know that I think they are funny yet, but at some point I hope I can. I am getting a new group of students together to go to Washington D.C. for next summer. I'm very excited again. I never posted the pictures from that! Funny that I just realized that. Anyway, it was such a great experience. I'm more than happy to offer it again and help kids reach out of their comfort zones and travel. Just to put this out there, I am taking them in June 2010 and it's for ANY middle school aged student. I don't have to be their teacher. If your at all interested please comment and I'll contact you somehow :)
What made my day was at the Parent Info meeting for the trip, a former student and her mom where there and commented on the trip. My student said some very nice things about me, that I am actually fun and that her life was changed because she went. Her mom was so supportive too. She couldn't thank me enough and said every single penny was worth it. It really made the whole hardship of getting people to sign up, then baby sitting a group of "hormones" in the nations capital, and missing my husband so much every night, ALL worth it! I'll admit I was exhausted after just those 4 days, but I am so happy I did it. I hope this year will be just as successful.
Well anyway, on to other news.
JOHN IS DONE WITH SCHOOL!!!!!
We will send out some little homemade announcements soon and I couldn't be a prouder wife. We have gone through so much frustration working with stupid Stevens Henegar (I won't go in detail now but suffice it to say our new saying is "friends don't let friends enroll there") but at least he will walk away with his Bachelor's Degree! Also to get the word out, he is trained in Computer Science, especially networking and is on the hunt for a job. If anyone knows anyone looking for a great computer help person for their work place or even if you need help for free on personal computers in the Salt Lake area, John is for hire!
Anyway, so very happy and proud of him. Way to go Honey Lover!

4 comments:

Laurence and Sidney said...

Way to go John!!!!! That is so cool! We hope the job search is short and very fruitful!

Anonymous said...

James went to Stevens Henager too. They are horrible!

Sharon said...

how did I miss this post???? He should check out the state and see if they are hiring at all.

Shayla said...

yay for another blog to stalk! Melinda if you want your own invite to my blog so you don't have to share John's I can send you one, I just need your email. :)

The Newlyweds

The Newlyweds