Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Update Part 1

Good things come to those who wait. After many people giving me a hard time about blogging, and because we have a new reason to blog, you are getting an update.

Summer:
It was good, fast and fun. John and I went on a little vacation to Las Vegas because we had a free hotel. I know a lot of people just hate Las Vegas but I was happy. Being with my favorite person in the world, and being able to sift through the trash and appreciate the really cool stuff, made it a great trip. If I wait to post this with pictures it will be even more delayed, so I'll randomly put up pictures another day. We went to a couple exhibits. Titanic was way cool. Similar to the Holocaust museum in that they give you information about a person and at the end see if they survived. They have this huge piece of the ship suspended and I really liked that part. We also saw Bodies where they have real human bodies exposing all the different parts. I remember the blood vessels part and the lungs from healthy to cancerous. I've thought about it a lot since, especially after exercising and my muscles are soar. We also did a CSI exhibit thing where you get to look at a crime scene and look through microscopes to find the killer. It was very fun. We don't really watch CSI but we loved the experience. We also enjoyed having John's parents home for a whole month and many family members visiting. They are so good to us and I love having kids around and women to talk with! I think all women can agree that there isn't anything that can replace girl time. I have said this so many times, but I really got lucky with my in-laws. I've heard other people talk about theirs, and I just don't see myself ever not liking them, I just love them.

Fall:
School is in full swing and I like my kids a lot. I'm still getting to know them and I think I've been very distracted because I don't feel connected to each student yet. There has been only one student who has disrespected me! I can handle one it's just weird when he (yes it's a boy) sees everybody else, his friends, do what I ask without another word or even thought, but him it's a debate almost. I don't let him monopolize the time with arguing, so it's over pretty quickly but I can't believe how quickly I have a temper! The slightest talking back and I am red in the face and harsh and, not good. I need to be feeling-less any time I discipline. I feel a lot of pressure to be so much better of a teacher and I struggle dealing with the time constraint of finishing what I have to in a year and still keeping the quality at the high level expected.

John: He just had his schedule changed so that we can finally be at church together!!! Yay. He is the Elders Quorum secretary and I am still in with the sunbeams. I love them. We had our primary program and boy that was so fun sitting up there to see the parents faces. They are really pretty cute, but when church is over, I always think this calling is the best kind of birth control.
John is still the sweetest husband. We are still trying to have a baby and convince Heavenly Father it's the right time, of course without success so I guess we'll go back to trusting Him more. More to come!

2 comments:

We're All Wright said...

I love reading about you guys!!! Thanks for blogging!

ajandersonguy said...

Sounds like you are having a good time! I'm in the sunbeams, again. Guess I didn't learn my lesson the first time around! Isn't that what they say? I think they are cute! They say some of the most random things! Keep up the blogging it's the only way I know what's going on in your life!
Jessica

The Newlyweds

The Newlyweds