Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Nashville Trip

Earlier this summer I was asked by my principal to go to the Model Schools Conference for my school. There was a good group of teachers and administration from my school along with me.

John was able to come as well and tour my mission and Nashville in general. It was so much fun to be there with my husband and show him the place where I grew so much and where events molded and shaped who I am now.

He was able to meet people he's heard about a lot, like Janice Williams, the sweetest and most fun person with a great testimony. She saw the commercial for the Book of Mormon and called and met the sisters. That's when I was transferred there and was able to teach her most of the lessons and see her baptized. She has since visited Salt Lake and we were able to go to the Temple together.

He also met the famous Joe Claybrooks, a man that prayed for someone to come to his house so he would have someone to talk about the Gospel with, and the elders knocked on his door the next day. They were the Spanish elders so we got to teach him. He had a near death experience that changed his life and prepared him to hear the Restored Gospel. He was baptized the same month as Janice and has also since been to the temple.

The third person we were able to see was Sam Newton. Sam had been going to the ward for 2 years and asked me one Sunday why he couldn't be baptized. He has Down Syndrome, and was therefore overlooked but had wanted to be a part of everything. I know after teaching him and getting to know him that he is accountable, but that didn't really matter so much as doing what the Lord wanted, and that was to officially give Sam a ward family. He is almost 45, and is such a sweet person.

Most of the pictures are of the Opryland Hotel where our Conference was held, and then other various places. I served part of my mission in Kentucky so some of the pictures are of there. Enjoy :)

Just click on the link for the pictures.

3 comments:

Tracy Collings said...

Looks like a great trip. Steve and I stayed at that hotel a few years ago, its beautiful!

Sidney said...

What a fun trip!!

Jessica said...

I'm so jealous! It seems like everyone has made it back to the mission but me.:( Some day. I'm so glad you were able to take John along!:)
Jessica

The Newlyweds

The Newlyweds